Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
The Chapter is pleased to announce that we are now taking applications for our scholarship program. Details below:
· Must have multiple sclerosis or have a parent living with MS.
· Plan to attend an accredited post-secondary school for the first time.
· Live in the geographical area of Washington, Montana or Alaska.
· Applicants must be a United States citizen or legal resident who plans to enroll in an undergraduate course of study at an accredited two-or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school located in the US.
· Applicants must be enrolled in at least six credit hours per semester in course work leading to a degree, license or certificate.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted online by January 15, 2013.
Scholarship amount: $1,000 to $3,000, and will be applied to the 2013-2014 school year.
Application fee: None
Applications & details available from: Application must be completed online with a personal statement on how MS has impacted the applicant’s life. Applications are available at www.NationalMSSociety/Scholarship.
Criteria: All applicants must meet the basic eligibility criteria, fully complete the application and meet the deadline. Scholarship finalists will be selected on the basis of demonstrated financial need, academic record, leadership and participation in school or community activities, work experience, statement of educational and career goals, an outside appraisal, unusual personal or family circumstances and an essay on the impact of MS on their life. Decisions are not affected by a person's race, color, religion, gender, age or sexual orientation. Award winners will receive notice in April 2013.
Questions: Please direct questions to Allison Stephens at 206-284-4254, ext. 40226 or Allison.Stephens@nmss.org.